Hi all--
While doing the research on collaborative learning technologies it was amazing the things I found. Collaboration is a huge thing now, in business as well as education, so there are dozens of collaboration technologies available. Some free. Some not. Programs such as Google Docs, Skype, Ning, Second Life, Mindmeister, Teamspace, and from our assignment this last week, Twitter, make it possible for students located in different cities, states, or on different islands, to come together and plan, negotiate, strategize, work synchronously, and complete projects--all without ever actually seeing their teammates.
I think that is one of the most wonderful things about technology today: the ability to put together an amazing project, and even present it, without having to be in the same room with anyone else. Emerging technologies are coming out at a pretty rapid pace as more and more people are realizing the advantages, and monetary savings, of collaborating this way. Professionals and Educators also use collaborative tools for professional development.
One of the things I've enjoyed most about this program is the new technologies I've had a chance to learn and use (even when I don't quite understand the point of using them every time) and long after I've graduated from it (next month!) and moved on I will continue to explore the wonderful world of collaboration, gaming, learning, storytelling, and visual technologies that are just waiting for me to find them.
Here is a link to the collaborative learning technology I chose for my assignment: http://www.teamspace4students.com/index.html Go check it out; it's very cool.
Until next time,
tm
Hi Tia, Dan from MindMeister here. Thanks for the mention, and as you discussed educators and students, I thought you might be interested in checking out Anthony Valentin's collection of MindMeister mind maps:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mindmeister.com/users/channel?id=AValent
Mr. V, as he's known to his students, uses MindMeister in the classroom and as homework to interact with students.