Last week we read about augmented reality and its impact on education. Even though I'm not sure I understand completely everything about AR, I do believe that it would be a great educational tool. As I mentioned in my discussion, I think it would help math students who are studying geometry. That was always a hard subject for me so I would've loved a way to get inside a shape and see it in 3D in order to understand the space and area concepts.
My son is studying architecture in college and I think that programs like Revit and 3D Homebuilders help them design realistic buildings that are viable in the real world. Without being able to add in the 3D quality drawings would seem flat and boring.
Another facet of AR that I find very interesting is the idea of coding. Objects are coded and read by smart phones that have a bar code reader. Linking objects together would have many benefits, such as helping businesses track their inventory, but also cause problems in the way that it would basically erase our privacy and open up information to anyone, anytime. AR, while a step forward in the use of technology, is still a long way from becoming the 'norm'.
No comments:
Post a Comment