Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New technologies abound

Hi everyone-

This is the first week we haven't actually used a new technology for anything---we're just giving feedback on reviews and proposals and commenting on Discussion 2. I'm very excited about doing the Web 2.0 How 2.0 assignment but I do feel it needs to be longer in length from learning, to application, to teaching.

One of the great things about this program is that I've learned many new technologies. Even though sometimes it can be challenging to find a new software, learn how to use and then apply it, the satisfaction I receive from actually doing it is amazing.

As a tech newbie (relatively) technology was never really my thing but then I decided to major in business and information technology so my degree had equal parts of both (with Humanities up the middle). The more I used technology, the more fascinated I became with it. There are some programs that I'd probably need an entire year to learn (Flash) but I've really enjoyed learning how to use Elluminate, Skype, Voicethread, Wikis, Slideshare, Vuvox, Google Apps, Audacity and a few others throughout this program.

I'll have to make sure that once I'm finished here (May!) that I don't stop finding and learning new technologies since there are still so many out there to explore.

Until next time!

tm

No comments:

Post a Comment